Terms and Conditions
Use of HelloDoctor.
HelloDoctor provides technological platform only. Health professionals giving tele-health services using the platform are independent and acting in their sole professional responsibility for the services. HelloDoctor or third parties who provide the technology or promote or assist the provision shall be not responsible for any professional advice or its effect Users obtain from a health professional via the Services.
Contents of HelloDoctor’s Portal/Site, advertisements, bonuses, brochures, flyers or user guides about the tele-health service are for information purposes only. None of their contents should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective or prescription or replacement of visiting health facilities.
Tele-health is the delivery of health care services using interactive video and/or audio technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location but discuss [personal] health information the health professionals may perform examination through these technologies.
The services are not intended to replace primary health aid. As with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use. These include limitation to:
- Information insufficiency (e.g. poor voice connection or resolution of images) for appropriate health care decision by the health professionals;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment due to failures of electronic equipment. If this happens, Users may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- Lack of access to all health records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
- Although the electronic systems HelloDoctor uses will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
- If the user’s health insurance coverage does not include or insufficient to satisfy the Services charges in full, Users may be responsible for payment.
- Health professionals may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all treatment needs.
- With respect to psychotherapy, users are entitled to receive information from health professionals about the methods of therapy, the techniques used, the duration of Users’ therapy (if known), and the fee structure. Users can seek a second opinion from another therapist or terminate therapy at any time.
The information provided by the user to HalloDoctor is confidential, except for legal exceptions. Information such as appointment reminders, service announcements, customer satisfaction survey calls and administrative messages may be provided to the user. These communications are considered part of the Services and user Account.
Users shall be of age and are required to open secured account when they register on the Site, Apps, USSD or Subscription (“Account”) by entering name, email address, password and other information collected by HelloDoctor (collectively “Account Information”). All information provided to HelloDoctor shall be accurate, current, and complete. A user may only open one account and shall secure password. HelloDoctor shall not be responsible for any damage that occurs on the user from their use of their accounts.
Use of the Services by Children.
Fees and Purchase Terms.
HELLODOCTOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR LINKS FOUND AT ANY OTHER WEBSITE, INTERNET LOCATION, OR SOURCE OF INFORMATION, NOR FOR USERS’ USE OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR LINKS, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
The Site/Portals and its entire contents, features and functionality are owned by HelloDoctor, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by laws.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site/Portals or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of HelloDoctor or other entities.
Users may deactivate account and end registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to info@HelloDoctorethiopia.com. HelloDoctor may suspend or terminate use of the Site/Portals, account and/or registration for any reason at any time. HelloDoctor reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or provided to the Site/Portals pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies.
Right to modify.
HelloDoctor may at our sole discretion revise or amend these Terms at any time without further notice. Continued use of the Site/Portals and/or Services following changes shall mean acknowledgement of such changes.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT USERS’ SOLE RISK. BOTH THE Portals AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. HELLODOCTOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), LAWS OR OTHERWISE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
To the extent that HelloDoctor may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim legal warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of its liability will be the minimum under such applicable law.
HelloDoctor is available only in Ethiopia.
- All prank calls, faint lines (not likely to “hear” anything on the phone line) and abuse calls will be terminated;
- Subscription service is allowed for users that subscribed through their phone number;
- Medications other than those that do not require prescription are not prescribed;
- Calls that are not directly related to health services, especially those Political or religious in nature, will immediately be disconnected
Terms and Fair Use Policy for Subscription Service
- This is where our customers get the usual on-call service but provided under a different payment mechanism enjoying also better privileges both in discounted prices as well as efficient payment methods.
- Users’ use of HelloDoctor Subscription Service is governed with these Fair Usage Limits;
- These limits will apply on Users whenever Users subscribe or use our services from any entry points whether directly from Users’ phone, mobile or internet applications, third party distributors, etc.
- HelloDoctor reserves the right to immediately discontinue, modify or suspend subscription service of a client and offer an alternative service plan if HelloDoctor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that Users’ use of the subscription services or its extension services at any time was, inconsistent with normal individual usage patterns or Users exceed the fair use limit set out below;
- Users will be required to pay higher rates for commercial service for all periods in which Users’ use of the subscription service or its extension services was inconsistent with normal individual use herein;
- HelloDoctor has the discretion to determine these patterns taking into account commonly used patterns adopted by its customers, service need etc.
- If the customer whose subscription request was discontinued, modified or suspended for use inconsistent with normal individual use (as described in our Terms of Service) or the fair usage limits herein seeks to continue using our services, s/he shall be subject to our ordinary fees outside of the subscription scheme.
Fair Usage Limits
- Consultation calls included in the HelloDoctor subscription service have a maximum limit of three calls in one 24-hour day, after which time the subscriber may be suspended from calling the service;
- HelloDoctor subscription service is subject at all times to a limit of 25 calls in aggregate during each yearly billing cycle for consultation calls including all types of calls made to the service;
Other Service plans
- 8896 short code: Short code direct telephone line where users call get connected to a medical professional to get direct medical consultation.
- HelloDoctor Voucher: Pre-paid scratch cards that users buy to get assigned minutes to for HelloDoctor services.
- PCETS: (Patient Centered Engagement & Tracking Solution): is a tracking system that allows users to follow their changing medical status, and give them information on their health especially when the patient is away from the health care institution.
Services we may offer in the future include; Ambulance, Clinic, dispensary pharmaceutical services or other Client ship services.