Terms and Conditions for helloDoctor use
- Healthcare Services. All of the health professionals who deliver Services through helloDoctor are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. helloDoctor does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Health professionals, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither helloDoctor nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a health professional via the Services.
- Portal/Site Content. None of the Portal/Site content (other than information you receive from Health professionals) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
- Informed Consent.
A. Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive video and/or audio technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Health professional, details of your health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive video, audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Health professionals may perform a physical examination through these technologies.
B. The telehealth Services you receive from Health professionals are not intended to replace a primary care physician relationship or be your permanent medical home. You may form an ongoing treatment relationship with some Health professionals. However, your initial visit with a Health professional will begin as a consultation (e.g. to determine the most appropriate treatment setting for you to receive care) and will not necessarily give rise to an ongoing treatment relationship. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by Health professionals or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as recommended. We may make arrangements for follow up care either through helloDoctor or other healthcare providers. You will have direct access to customer support services to follow up on medication reactions, side effects or other adverse events. Among the benefits of our Services are improved access to healthcare professionals and convenience. However, as with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor voice connection or resolution of images) to allow for appropriate health care decision making by the Health professionals;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all of your health records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
- Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- If your health insurance coverage does not include or is not sufficient to satisfy the Services charges in full, you may be fully or partially responsible for payment.
- Your Health professionals may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide telehealth services to you.
- With respect to psychotherapy, you are entitled to receive information from your Health professionals about the methods of therapy, the techniques used, the duration of your therapy (if known), and the fee structure. You can seek a second opinion from another therapist or terminate therapy at any time.
- All prank calls, faint lines (not likely to “hear” anything on the phone line) and abuse calls will be terminated;
- Subscription service is for individual (subscription service is allowed for an individual person that has subscribed through his/her own phone number)
- Prescription (we will not be subscribing any kind of medications other than over the counter medications that can be purchased without a prescription)
- Political calls that come to the line will immediately be disconnected
- Religious calls that come to the line will immediately be disconnected
Terms and Fair Use Policy for helloDoctor Subscription Service
- This is where our customers get the usual on-call service but provided under a different payment mechanism enjoying also better privileges both in discounted prices as well as efficient payment methods.
- Your use of helloDoctor Subscription Service is governed with these Fair Usage Limits which you can find on our website at hellodoctorethiopia.com. Telemed Medical Services prv.ltd.co. reserves the right to update such and to communicate them immediately on the web site. All revisions will not be effective before 24 hours from posting. Users are recommended to be persistent in checking the latest versions while using our services;
- These limits will apply on you whenever you subscribe or use our services from any entry points whether directly from your phone, mobile or internet applications, third party distributers, etc.
- We reserve the right to immediately discontinue, modify or suspend subscription service of a client and offer an alternative service plan if we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, that your use of the subscription services or its extension services at any time was, inconsistent with normal individual usage patterns or you exceed the fair use limit set out below;
- You will be required to pay higher rates for commercial service for all periods in which your use of the subscription service or its extension services was inconsistent with normal individual use herein;
- Telemed Medical Services prv.ltd.co. has the discretion to determine these patterns taking into account commonly used patterns adopted by its customers, service need etc.
- If the customer whose subscription request was discontinued, modified or suspended for use inconsistent with normal individual use (as described in our Terms of Service) or the fair usage limits herein seeks to continue using our services, s/he shall be subject to our ordinary fees outside of the subscription scheme.
Fair Usage Limits
- Consultation calls included in the helloDoctor subscription service have a maximum limit of three calls in one 24-hour day, after which time the subscriber may be suspended from calling the service;
- helloDoctor subscription service is subject at all times to a limit of 25 calls in aggregate during each yearly billing cycle for consultation calls including all types of calls made to the service;
Other Service plans
- 8896 short code: Short code direct telephone line where clients call get connected to a medical professional to get direct medical consultation.
- helloDoctor Voucher: Pre-paid scratch cards that clients buy to get assigned minutes to for helloDoctor services.
- PCETS: (Patient Centered Engagement & Tracking Solution): is a tracking system that allows patients/ clients to follow their changing medical status, and give them information on their health especially when the patient is away from the health care institution.
Services we may offer in the future include; Ambulance, Clinic, dispensary pharmaceutical services or other Client ship services.
Is the presumption that usage of helloDoctor service is always for personal health related services as fitting the gender, age and medical conditions of the individual requesting the service.